Thursday, May 15, 2008

A few words about me and this blog:

I'm the "Senior Audio/Video Technician" at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. It's a 71 thousand seat dome that's the home of the Atlanta Falcons. I've been here since just before the 1996 Summer Olympics. In that time We've done hundreds and hundreds of shows. The highlight list includes NFL games (duh), NFL playoff games, NBA regular season and playoff games including the NBA's record for the game with the highest attendance, The Basketball, Gymnastics, and Team Handball finals of the Olympic Games, The Super Bowl, NCAA Men's and Women's Final Four, The Peach Bowl, The Sugar Bowl, SEC and ACC Men's Basketball tournaments, and the SEC Football Championship. We also have Monster Trucks, Supercross, marching bands, high school football tournaments, huge church shows, concerts, and corprate events all the time.
Sounds pretty impressive, but it's really not all that... honestly :)

I'm 36. I'm from Michigan but I've been here in Atlanta since 1995. I have a wife, two kids and a dog. I like camping, cars, racing, computers, photography, and TV. I have a bachelor's degree in Broadcasting from Northern Michigan University and I'm a graduate of the Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences in Tempe, AZ.

The point of this blog is to help capture the stories, and thoughts of a staff sound/video/tech guy. I'm also going to try to capture some of the things I've learned over the years. I'll try not to wander too far off topic.
Feel free to contact me if you have questions or job opportunities :)

Cory

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do the job opportunities need to be in the Atlanta area? gg

Cwaters said...

The answer to that question is, of course, "It Depends".
Whatcha got in mind?
CW