Thursday, May 15, 2008

We start in the middle, the beginning was a long time ago

It's fitting that this blog starts while I'm in a meeting.
I've been going to these Thursday afternoon construction meeting on and off (more ON than Off)for two years or more. This one is going pretty smoothly but it's not really anything that I'm needed for. Presently, they're talking about some repair work on a large marquee sign outside. It was damaged recently by a tornado that bounced off our building during the SEC Men's Basketball tournament.
I'm here because this project has some components that tie-into my areas of responsibility. Namely there are a ton of televisions that are being moved from the suites to the concourses and then replaced by new TVs that need to work with the new cable TV elements to allow us to have the NFL Sunday Ticket games available in HD on the suite TVs. Whether or not anybody in the suites even cares if those games are there is unsure as far as I know.

The House "Audio" Guy is responsable for all the TVs and the cable TV system too.

Welcome to the blog. I'll do an introduction post in the next day or two.

No comments: