Friday, May 16, 2008

Just Catching Up

Don't expect there to be posts two times a day or anything. In reality, I made the decision to start this blog and several ideas came to mind for things I could post about. I'm sure it will taper off once I get caught up.

Today's event is a Punt, Pass & Kick. I think it's a corporate team building thing. We do these from time to time. There are three varieties of these PPKs: The honest to goodness kids PPK event, the "lets get everyone in the office together and have some fun so we can WORK better together" kind, and the "lets pay for all our distributors to come out and have a little fun (and maybe get drunk) so they'll like us and buy more of our products" kind. I think this one is the second variety.
Usually I just have to put out a couple speakers and play some music for them. Maybe they'll want a mic so they can give out awards or ridicule their friends. I usually have to put up the field goal nets. These are the nets behind the goals that catch the balls if by some miracle someone can actually kick it through the uprights.

The "Audio" guy is in charge of rigging too :(

Today's event is from like noon till two or something and then we have the wedding rehearsal.
That should be interesting. It's going to be the third wedding we've had here. One was a construction worker before the building was finished (that's B.C. or Before Cory). The second was this dude who got married up in the east end zone seats, went to take a nap, and then roller-bladed his way into the Guinness Book of World Records. He set the mark for the longest distance "bladed" in a twenty-four hour period.
I like to think I was instrumental in his quest for the record. After all, I put the CD player out and tied it into the concourse sound system. Without me, he could have had to wear a Discman (it was before the MP3 revolution) if he wanted music all the way around the circuit he was skating day and night. That extra weight and drag could very well have cost him the record!

OK, so I'm a little deluded sometimes... So what? It's more fun my way.

No comments: